Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thailand

We spent 5 days at a retreat in Thailand. It was a nice time of rest and renewal on the ocean. The kids had a great time getting to know other children whose families live in Northern Asia. I thought the best way to share would be to show a short slide show of our stay.



With all of this swimming fun you can imagine that we had a couple pool mishaps!! Mom even had to jump in (with all of my clothes on top of my bathing suit) and rescue one of the boys from their brave attempt at breathing under water!!! All was well in the end, and from that point on we left swimming to the ocean only!!

I also wanted to share with you my first experience with eating fish with the head and fins still attached. I had no idea what I was ordering, but when it arrived I wasn't sure that I would be able to eat it. I was very proud of myself I overcame and ate it!! It was really not very good. It tasted about as good as it looked!!



BEFORE

AFTER

Here are a couple more pics I wanted to share. Did you ever wonder how they transport pineapple? Or where you might find motorcycles riding down the side of the freeway? Or did you ever wonder what happened to the good old days of riding around in the back of a pick up? We we found the answers to all these questions in Thailand!!







2 comments:

Reneelharvey said...

I've been wondering how your Thai holiday went, Jodie! I bet you enjoyed the warm weather!

Sweeney Family said...

you should have Ping make you her steamed fish. It is simple and quite good, even with the head on!
cool pineapple truck picture, I don't think I have ever wondered how they transported them, but now I know!